Monday, April 22, 2013

I wanna be like cats

Do you ever have days when you feel, without a doubt, that you’re destined for greatness but the problem is that you don’t know what it’s you’re supposed to be doing. I do. A lot.

I don’t know where it comes from but I suspect that I’ve fallen, completely and utterly, for the idea that I must achieve things. I must have a career. I must be a great boss. I must be a great colleague. I must have some awesome hobby that I’m awesomely great at. I must be a great mum. I must be a great daughter. I must be an awesome neighbour. I must be fit and healthy. I must look younger than my age. I must be a great lover. I must simply be the best I can be in every aspect of my life.

It’s fucking exhausting.

How about settling for mediocre for a change? We can’t all be fantastic all the time!

Why do we always have to have people we look up to and try to emulate? Why can’t we just be happy with the way we are and feel awesome about that? Why can’t we celebrate the fact that last week we achieved nothing and we lived on pizza because we couldn’t be stuffed cooking. And, we slept on the couch because we couldn’t be stuffed going to bed and preferred falling asleep in front of the TV. Why do we have to be so good at everything? Why do we always have to have goals and things to strive for? Why can’t we just be like cats and snooze the day away until life presents us with something worth taking interest in?

I’m just asking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say. Go on! You know you want to.

Featured Post

On Pain and Dolphins

The last few weeks have been weird. It's not just that I went back to work after eight months taking time off work; that part is stra...

Popular posts