Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Physical things

There's something strangely satisfying in going to your doctor to ask for more Xanax (just in case), to have her look at your file and be surprised that the last time you ask for any was in back May last year, check how much Prozac you're taking and then to have her ask you when you last had a blood test.

You ask why she wants your blood, and she smiles at you and tells you that now that you're obviously much better mentally "we" should get on with making sure "we" have everything covered physically.

I asked her what would happen if we found out I had diabetes or something, wouldn't that make me depressed? "No," she said, "that would make you worry about having diabetes."

She gets me my doctor, she really gets me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say. Go on! You know you want to.

Featured Post

On Pain and Dolphins

The last few weeks have been weird. It's not just that I went back to work after eight months taking time off work; that part is stra...

Popular posts