Thursday, January 3, 2013

Every situation needs a hero

"Every situation needs a hero" is my favorite Dr Philism because it's so true. You can sit there and argue 'til the cows come home but if no one gets up and opens the barn those cows aren't gonna get milked. Or something like that. Possibly with less cows though.

Most situations in my life have lacked a hero unless of course you call me the hero for finally stepping up and going "I'm gonna have to do this myself, obviously". Usually I wait too long because when I don't wait people sometimes think I'm being too bossy.

I think the main point though is that you're going to appear to be bossy every time you stand up and demand change.

Today is the third of the first month of the year and I'm exhausted. 2013 has already worn me out and I can't help feeling that I need some rest. I'm already on holiday for goodness sake so I should be well rested but that's not apparently how it works. Anyway, I think I'm too tired to write anything remotely comprehensible or interesting today so I will cease and desist and cease to persist.

How's your year going so far? Any signs in our life that 2013 is going to be an amazing year?

2 comments:

  1. 2013 feels like a coiled spring hidden in a morning biscuit. Jelly and jams are sitting there, ready to enjoy, but it will be a serious heart attack when the biscuit is fully opened. Wham! and you got serious pain.

    Or maybe 2013 is simply a neutered zoo animal. It will just stare at you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All that made me feel a little apprehensive and it made me think I need to be more careful with 2013....especially since we're not sure exactly what it is yet.

      Delete

Have your say. Go on! You know you want to.

Featured Post

On Pain and Dolphins

The last few weeks have been weird. It's not just that I went back to work after eight months taking time off work; that part is stra...

Popular posts