Saturday, June 2, 2012

Saturday morning

There is a birthday in the house and we started the days with preparing an Osso Bucco in the slow cooker for tomorrow, a pea soup that will be slowly consumed through the week and a Princess cake (a Swedish cake - my favorite which I have never tried to make before).

It felt so great.

We were moving around the tiny kitchen like a well experienced team cutting up vegetables, searing meat and mixing batter for the cake. These are times when I feel content.

There's something so satisfying with taking the time to create a meal that you can enjoy in the following days. Flavors are allowed to develop and you can sit down to a hot meal when you come home from work on weekdays without having to do some sort of hurried cooking action. I love it.

All this is happening now in my house and I feel good about it.

2 comments:

  1. And I love being part of a team in the kitchen... Happy birthday to the festivant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny you should say that about contentment...my moments of most conscious contentment are also in the kitchen. i wonder why, with all we women have fought for, is that still the case? that said, i don't dwell on it, but i just run with it. i love to cook.

    ReplyDelete

Have your say. Go on! You know you want to.

Featured Post

It's Day Something of my Radical Something-Something Project

You can't trust me. I set out on a new and shiny path and I don't follow through. I feel a little like that about my whole life a...

Popular posts