Wednesday, May 16, 2012

And I realize that I have embarrassed myself by plagiarizing someone famous

November last year I typed out the Eschatological Laundry List from a piece of paper handed to me by a friend. What I failed to do was use the most obvious tool in the world, Google, to check where it came from so I could credit the actual author.

Yesterday Sheldon Kopp’s son Jonathan bounced by my post of the Eschatological Laundry list which comes the book If You Meet Buddha on the Road, Kill Him! written by said Sheldon Kopp and kindly did all that work for me. He told me what book it was from and told me that it was written by his father, Sheldon.

He was so nice about it. Maybe he used to people plagiarizing his dad’s work but I still feel bad. You just don’t do that sort of thing to people. I’m not talking about telling them that they’ve plagiarized your dad’s work but rather the act of plagiarizing itself. It’s just rude.

So I hang my head in shame and humbly ask for forgiveness from all of you, not just Jonathan – I would understand if Jonathan never forgives me – and I hope you will give it to me and not start fearing that I will start stealing stuff from your blogs too.

Anyway, apart from feeling embarrassed I’m also a little proud to have Jonathan stopping by and commenting on my blog. One of my friends was really impressed. It kind of gave my blog a hint of street cred. Maybe. Sort of.

I’m just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say. Go on! You know you want to.

Featured Post

Take care

I've found my will to write again, at least momentarily, and while I pray (this is how grim it's become, I'm resorting to prayer...

Popular posts