Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I’m Swedish and Swedes feel the best when they’re a little depressed I think. Being too happy makes us suspicious, it makes us suspect we’re about to lose our minds or something. Having said that I think I could do with a little less depressed and a lot more happy. It's just a thought. I'm sure it will manifest because that's what thoughts do I'm told. I know the secret.
 
Not all that long ago, I toyed with the idea of starting my very own doomsday cult. I thought it would be good for my depression to have something to look forward to.

However, it was put on the back burner when I failed to find the basics needed: a charismatic leader figure of some sort, a way to con complete strangers into giving you all their money, a doomsday message of some sort, something catchy and believable, and a specific date for the actual event to occur. So many days and so many years to pick from; it's hard to choose.

I'm fascinated by doomsday cults. When I hear that a specific date is going to be the end of the world, the rapture or date for the arrival of those aliens who are coming to take us all away in their spaceships I begin to make plans.

But...

It's hard to know what to pack for the alien thing.

I just don't know enough about the rapture thing but I'm fairly certain that I've sinned which kind of kills the fun for me - I think. Maybe I've got it wrong.

The end of the world is not going to need any real preparation I guess except for that I may get some really pretty cupcakes to eat. I really like really pretty cupcakes.

I guess the real reason I've not started a doomsday cult yet is that I just don't think I want all that responsibility and a lot of people looking to me for answers all the time. I have enough trouble dealing with myself and I don't think I need the stress. Somehow it seems easier to sit at home and sulk and write blog posts for a limited audience.

I'm just saying.

1 comment:

  1. my problem w/the rapture is that I have no idea what to wear...

    ReplyDelete

Have your say. Go on! You know you want to.

Featured Post

Take care

I've found my will to write again, at least momentarily, and while I pray (this is how grim it's become, I'm resorting to prayer...

Popular posts