Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Swedish humor

I've rediscovered Swedish humor, I mean for me Swedish humor is still synonymous with Hasse and Tage, but I kind of stumbled upon Magnus Bretner live when I was distracting myself at work with Youtube.  For some reason I can still write in English if I listen to Swedish...

After Magnus I found Bjorn Gustafsson in Parlementet and I laughed until I almost peed myself.

One of the drawbacks of listening to Swedish humor at work is that I start to speak Swedish with my colleagues if they come and interrupt my little fun time but I have realized how I can use it to my advantage.

If I speak Swedish to them by mistake and they say "Excuse me?" I say it in English again and look at them as they are completely stupid! It works really well as a form of therapy for my depression and I think my therapist will be hella proud of me now that I go around and laugh all day even if it's at the expense of others sometimes.

That's totally normal, right?

"Think positive" is where it's at, right?!

Oh yeah, I'm also doing another thing to keep myself occupied and that's making a list of things you can do while you wait for your hair to grow long again. On my list so far: Wait.

2 comments:

  1. My nephew used to do that. He'd ask me something in Swedish and look at me in astonishment when I didn't understand. Everyone in his world spoke Swedish.

    Then he went to school and got sent to a Spanish-only kindergarten, which totally confused him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how smart! I was told off a few years ago for speaking Italian with a French accent! Bloody hell! I can't even speak French with a French accent!

    ReplyDelete

Have your say. Go on! You know you want to.

Featured Post

On Pain and Dolphins

The last few weeks have been weird. It's not just that I went back to work after eight months taking time off work; that part is stra...

Popular posts