Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Stocktake of sorts and a new plan

The end of the year is going so fast I just can't keep up. The end is very neigh and I will be glad to see the back of it. It's been a hard year but I have to be fair and say that it's not been without benefits. To be fair there's been a lot of benefits.

I've been thinking about work and I realize that I have to change tactics. I need to change the way I approach things. There's been a lot of right-sizing, managerizing, incentovizing and emerging leadershipping going on and it's easy to lose track of where you are exactly as an individual in the corporation. As such I have decided we, my team and I, need to enter a new phase.

I shall call this phase the Fuck Phase. It's a prepubescent phase symbolized by a face in which the eyes in the eye-sockets have been replaced with two penises. I feel this is the only way we're going to be able to survive the coming year and not go completely bonkers. We need to approach it in a completely immature way. Let the managers manage and allow ourselves just to fuck around doing work.

Having said that I have some growing up, some maturing if you will, to do so that I can emerge into the new year, or perhaps I should rather burst into the new year with complete reckless abandon, as a more emotionally mature being who doesn't need reassurance from others constantly. I shall also have my hormone levels tested because I'm beginning to suspect my thyroid for being responsible for my depression.

And I should stop reading Private Eye. It lowers my maturity level significantly.

Oh yeah, I love you guys and I'm not even drunk.

1 comment:

  1. I hate your job and I don't even work there...wonder if that is the root of your depression?

    SP

    ReplyDelete

Have your say. Go on! You know you want to.

Featured Post

It's Day Something of my Radical Something-Something Project

You can't trust me. I set out on a new and shiny path and I don't follow through. I feel a little like that about my whole life a...

Popular posts