Friday, November 18, 2011

Intrinsic value

Intrinsic value is:


The actual value of a security, as opposed to its market value of book value.

or

The amount by which a call option is in the money, calculated by taking the strike price and the market price of the underlier.

I don't claim to understand any of that. It's investor talk. It's also what you get if you google "intrinsic value". I told I was going to have to come back to it.

My worry is that applying terms that are quite clearly based in investing and marketing to  people is really eroding humans being. I think it really devalues us. We are not numbers.

I'm going to have to circle back to this one again and I try to figure out that the equivalent of "intrinsic value" is when applied to humans, why it's important to have and how you go about getting it.

That's for a later post though. Not right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say. Go on! You know you want to.

Featured Post

It's Day Something of my Radical Something-Something Project

You can't trust me. I set out on a new and shiny path and I don't follow through. I feel a little like that about my whole life a...

Popular posts