Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The art of eating like a grown up

I've been thinking. How come I eat so much crap? I don't let my daughter Bee eat as much crap as I do because I don't want her to grow up addicted to junk food.

I eat healthy, don't get me wrong. I eat dark rye bread because I love it. I put smoked salmon on it. I don't butter the bread, I avocado it because I love, love, love avocado. I put Jarlsberg lite cheese on it because it's the lowest in saturated fats. I have no more than two slices.

I eat apples, golden kiwis and a sushi roll at work for breakfast and lunch.

I have a glass of apple juice, gold pressed and no added sugar, in the morning when I get to work because I find it completely kills the problems I had with too much acid in my stomach and it makes me stretchy as hell when I do yoga. I kid you not. That apple juice helps me stretch into positions my cycling legs just wouldn't before. It's mad. I tuck my hands under my feet doing a forward bend with straight legs easy since I started with the juice. It's insane.

But here's the thing. My fat little secret is all the little sugary sweets I sneak in especially when I can't sleep. Luckily I'm getting better at sleeping. Since I started my Lose Weight by Changing My Mind experiment I have come realize just how many of them I sneak in. This is what keeps me fat y'all!

What is it that still makes me eat like a kid? I don't even like the taste of the sugary treats but yet I have to somehow get them in my mouth and swallow them. It's like I'm rebelling against my mom telling me I can't have too many cookies and like watch me now mom 'cause I just ate a whole packet of Oreos. I don't even like the taste of them. I buy them because they're so sweet.

The art of eating like a grown up is something I have partially mastered. It's the partially unmastered part that I need to change. I need to change it because I want to wear dresses again without my thighs chafing. I want to wear sleeveless things without having to worry that I have begun the process of developing bat arms. Arrrrrrrrch! (<--- Yes Merry, I stole that from your iPad. I'm sorry but it just stuck you know.)

I need to stop buying crap food and just ban it from the house for like a month or something and then ban it for another month again. I need to learn to eat like a grown up because consarnit, I don't need to eat like a little kid!

3 comments:

  1. I've been saying the same thing for ages. Time to eat like a big boy but those potato chips and chocolates always manage to find their way back into the house. It takes will power to break the habit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Have your say. Go on! You know you want to.

Featured Post

It's Day 6 of my Radical Self-Love project

We need a picture today. We really do. It's day 6 and I woke up just before the alarm clock after a night of extremely poor sleep. ...

Popular posts