Friday, September 16, 2011

My relationship

A perfect relationship, if there’s such a thing, is one where you can overcome all the little things that could ruin it.

In my case it’s been a matter of me sitting down and asking myself if what I’m being presented with is something I’m willing to settle for and it’s simply not.

If these things don’t become things we work on then it’s forever going to mean that I’ll be unhappy in the relationship. That’s where I’m at.

I feel fairly removed from the emotional part of the breakup at this stage if you know what I mean.

I’ve been able to sit down and look at what I am, what I want and need, and how much I can compromise and still be content and happy. Let’s just say that it’s too much that I have to give up to keep this going and I know, in my heart, that I can’t do that forever. I can’t shut down a part of me that’s really vital.
I’m a loving person and I need to express that. I need to do that. I need to be touched and caressed. I need to be loved. I need to be appreciated. I need more than I’m currently getting and unless the other person in this relationship does something that will allow me to have that I’ll not be happy in this relationship.
It’s not a matter of being greedy or difficult. It’s to do with a basic human need that’s not being fulfilled, and that need is at the heart of being in a relationship anyway. I cannot forgo that part. I cannot be in a relationship without it.

If we are not working on addressing these issues I’ll have to leave not because I’m being difficult but because I’m not getting my basic needs fulfilled. I'll never be happy in the relationship. That's all there is to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say. Go on! You know you want to.

Featured Post

When the New Age Movement Grows Up

I was in an interview yesterday afternoon for a part time copywriter job. After seven months of "couch surfing" (aka recovery or h...

Popular posts