Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A moment in my mind

My mind is a messy place at times. It's a state chiefly caused by all the things I let lie around in it.

This morning I woke up about an hour or so too early. Having checked the time my mind and I, for once in total agreement, decided that we should go back to sleep until the alarm actually went off. Why get up early on a cold winter's morning when you can stay in your comfortable, warm little nest for a bit longer?

I began to dream. It was as if my mind had decided to come up with all sorts of scenarios to scare the crap out of me. It wanted to nightmare.

First there was the vampires. Now, I love True Blood and I loathe Twilight so vampires aren't particularly scary to me. The mind really tried but they just didn't scare me.

Then there was the werewolves. Again, I love True Blood and I still loathe Twilight, and I adore wolves so the werewolves weren't particularly scary to me either.

This was followed by flesh eating zombies. Now I don't love or loathe anything with flesh eating zombies in it but I can tell from my experience this morning that they're not particularly pleasant to be around. They don't scare me though. Not one bit. They were more like annoying flies really.

It was at this point I decided that it was all really lame. I loudly proclaimed that fact in my dream because by that stage I was dreaming lucidly. I had also come to realize that I was in a sort of parallel world to which I had traveled and because it was all so lame I decided that I wanted to go home.

I went back to my hotel room, apparently they have hotel rooms in the vampire-werewolf-zombie parallel world, to pack my things so I could catch the flight back home. Apparently you fly there. Just keep that in mind if you want to visit. I would imagine that the airfare is fairly cheap.

In the hotel room I gathered my stuff, and there was a lot of it, folded it all up neatly and reached under the bed to pull my suitcase out from under it. I had obviously stuffed it under the bed to keep it out of the way. Very organized of me.

When I pulled out my suitcase I got the shock of my life. I couldn't believe what I saw. I felt utter panic. There was the suitcase no bigger than a briefcase and I had at least two normal suitcases' worth of stuff that I somehow needed to get in it. I became increasingly frantic and panicked even more. I completely lost it but luckily I was woken up by the alarm clock.

So apparently I'm fine with vampires, werewolves and flesh eating zombies but I cannot, I simply cannot, handle the mere thought of not having a suitcase big enough to get all my stuff into.

There. A moment in my mind. Are you as worried about me as I am? It's a good thing my psychologist called me Monday to let me know she was lodging paperwork to get more sessions paid for by my breakdown claim. It appears I need them. Badly.

2 comments:

  1. Well, luggage is a seriously under-rated issue...

    I think your subconscious is well adapted to handle the big serious stuff; it's the little things that wear you down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have me pegged my dear. Me thinks you are wiser than you think!

    ReplyDelete

Have your say. Go on! You know you want to.

Featured Post

It's Day Something of my Radical Something-Something Project

You can't trust me. I set out on a new and shiny path and I don't follow through. I feel a little like that about my whole life a...

Popular posts