Thursday, September 29, 2011

The art of spicing up a blog

There comes a time when you start to wonder if your blog is just same old same old all the time. Maybe your readers are getting tired of it, provided you have readers who return so they can actually get tired of your blog, and maybe you need to step it up a bit.

It's not easy though, right? Most of us end up here in the blogosphere without a real plan. We just kind of want to write and have someone read it. Maybe.

There are a few tips and tricks to increase traffic like get guest bloggers, have competitions, ask your readers questions so they feel involved and want to comment, you know the usual stuff. The problem with that stuff is that it requires a bit of work from you.

So for the lazy bloggers, like myself, who still feel a sort of commitment to their small tribe of followers and regular visitors and who want to really wow any new visitors who stumble across their blog, I have come up with the perfect solution.

Odds are that you're already on some kind of medication, I mean who isn't nowadays, and odds are that the medication affects your mood in some way. The best way to spice up your blog and to inject a little variety into it is to mess with your medication. I know! It's brilliant and it requires very little effort from you!

All you need to is to "forget" to take your medication or somehow mix up the dosage and voila a new you is sure to emerge. Then you set about writing some posts, you can write several and save them for later when you want to "guest blog" again without causing yourself undue stress or harm.

No need to thank me. I'm more than happy to share this kind of solid advice any time because you, my dear readers, are my friends. Unlike those other bastards I hang around with. I don't think they're my friends, do you?

5 comments:

  1. If I don't take my meds I risk plunging into a pit of despair. What I write now, pathetic as it is come days, is me on meds. You do not want to read me if I am not taking them, trust me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reckon you should just write for yourself...if anyone reads it, great!

    SP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mouse, I'm like that too since I had the breakdown.

    SP, I do and I always have with my blogs. I think it's a need to express my thoughts in text and to be able to look at them later. If people read and comment it's a bonus.

    This post came out of seeing a lot of advice on how to make your blog big and feeling a little amused by it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A big blog would worry me, my Tribe is small and and supportive and fun. That's why I don't have ads or gimmicks or play games with blogging.
    It's just me, failings, fears and sometimes fun.

    ReplyDelete

Have your say. Go on! You know you want to.

Featured Post

It's Day Something of my Radical Something-Something Project

You can't trust me. I set out on a new and shiny path and I don't follow through. I feel a little like that about my whole life a...

Popular posts