Monday, September 12, 2011

Are you making your world small?

How did you grow to be so small? How did the world you inhabit become such a limited one? What made you start believing that you had to think smaller than you really were meant to? When did you stop realizing that the world expands to accommodate the size of our ideas, that there are no limits?

Someone once said to you “You’re too smart for your own good.” Or, “You’re getting too big for your own shoes.”

You believed them. You developed a kind of anorexia that made you believe that you’re somehow unworthy of the space you take up. You believe it at least subconsciously. Now you don’t think you have the right to claim more of this world or that you have a right to lay claim to space that you may or may not use in the future. You think the world dictates where you’re going but you have the right to plot your own course.

You’re supposed to take a leap of faith off this planet into an ever expanding Universe. Whoever created you wanted you to fly! Or, at least believe that you could.

It started a long time ago. You acted dumber and weaker, pretended not to know in order to appear less threatening so that others, who feel small too, could feel better about themselves.

Inside there’s another voice, the voice that gives you permission to be bigger and to claim more space. If you accept it you can live big and turn dreams into reality.

There’s enough room for everyone, there really is. There’s enough room for every single person who believe they deserve it. Only the ones who don’t believe run out of space.

If you can’t give yourself permission I will give it to you.

I give you permission to take up more space and to be grander. See? It’s really that easy. You can start small. Allow your dreams back in and expand them. It will make a difference, you’ll see.

Expand. You’re allowed to. I want to see you shine.

1 comment:

  1. I was taught at a very young age that I was not good enough and that no matter how hard I tried, no matter how many exams I passed, no matter how successful my career, no matter how devoted a mother, it was never enough.

    After 55 years it would take a great deal for me to change now.

    This is why I do not call myself Tiger

    ReplyDelete

Have your say. Go on! You know you want to.

Featured Post

It's Day Something of my Radical Something-Something Project

You can't trust me. I set out on a new and shiny path and I don't follow through. I feel a little like that about my whole life a...

Popular posts