Sunday, March 27, 2011

IDoCurrr

Apparently IDoCurr today. It's been brewing for a while this probably because been suffering from a want to cut my long blond locks off in favor of a short spiky hair do. Rebellious like.

One of the reasons I haven't, apart from that it takes years to grow back should I change my mind, is that I don't want people to think I'm too old for that sort of thing. Just like I wonder if people think I'm too old to wear cargo pants and All Star sneakers. But I like wearing that stuff you know. It it comfort.

I don't think you'll ever find me squeezing into frumpy clothes but there are days when I realize it's easier to conform than to be what you want to be. At the same time though, I know how bloody hard it is for me to conform. It gives me headaches, indigestion and usually results in me saying something controversially stupid just to contradict the picture they're getting of me.

I'm not easy to live with. I'm not talking about for O, Bee or even the cats. I'm talking about me living with me. The hair cutting thing is just one example. Then of course O looks at me today and says "You know sometimes I think you'd look really good in short hair.." "Spiky?" I say. "Yeah spiky, of course."

Stop reading my mind. You're not helping me. Conform. Being normal. Behaving well.

I have a letter to formulate. About a principal behaving badly and not playing nice with the other children aka me. I'm writing it to the district. I have had enough. Retribution. Maybe that will stop me from cutting my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say. Go on! You know you want to.

Featured Post

When the New Age Movement Grows Up

I was in an interview yesterday afternoon for a part time copywriter job. After seven months of "couch surfing" (aka recovery or h...

Popular posts