Thursday, February 3, 2011

So Far So Good

I had ABC 24 hour news cover on all night on my computer but luckily I slept through most of it. Reports this morning say that so far there have been no reports of death (that's a stat we'd like to keep, thank you very much), bananas are a thing of the past (we will again pay $21/kg for them as we did after cyclone Larry a few years back) and the towns of Tully and Mission Beach are all but wiped out.

But there are no deaths reported so far and that's good news. The rest will be rebuilt. Donations will start pouring in so families can get basic needs met and the government is already sending people in there to start the cleanup and to make sure everyone's OK.

Bee asked me last night if she could donate money to help families. I asked her how much she was thinking of donating. She told me that she would like to donate $200 out of the $300 she got from my parents for Christmas and that she had decided to save to buy something great with. I asked her if she was sure about that and she told me that she could save money and get it back even if takes a while which is much easier than starting from scratch when your whole house is gone.  I love that kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say. Go on! You know you want to.

Featured Post

It's Day 6 of my Radical Self-Love project

We need a picture today. We really do. It's day 6 and I woke up just before the alarm clock after a night of extremely poor sleep. ...

Popular posts