Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Heat and a Bus Full of Awkward

This afternoon on a bus full of awkward in stifling heat I realized that the way preteens and teens smell haven't changed since I was one.

There I was crammed in on a school bus full to capacity of not yet fully formed human beings and memories came flooding back. The smell they emit reminded me of things some of which I would rather forget but some that made me smile while I watch their awkward attempts to act cool and fit in.

Bee's first day on public transport going to and from school. I found it rather daunting. Tomorrow I will only do half the trip with her and I will worry a lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say. Go on! You know you want to.

Featured Post

It's Day 6 of my Radical Self-Love project

We need a picture today. We really do. It's day 6 and I woke up just before the alarm clock after a night of extremely poor sleep. ...

Popular posts