Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Dear Weather, back off. Please.

While I whinge and whine about the heat here in Sydney the good people in Queensland are bracing themselves for more weather and it's weather of the more severe kind. They had the flooding. Now they're getting cyclone Yasi.

If you believe the news it's going to be hell on the lose and those who aren't hit with the cyclone can expect, yes you guessed it, more bloody rain.

It's awful stuff this.

Some of you may recall that I rehoused my dog just before Christmas. He went to Queensland, just north of Brisbane. It doesn't seem like where he is was hit with the worst of the flooding but it's certainly getting awful close to where the cyclone is predicted to hit. I've not heard from the wonderful Ms M who adopted my boy dog since Christmas Day.

So dog, if you have per chance learned to read since beginning of the December and have graduated to using the internet, in which case you're surely reading Spilling Ink, I hope that you and your new pack is OK. I hope the whole damned lot of you up there get through this in the best possible way. There's not much I can do for you all but hope and donate more money from my next pay packet to help you get it all back together again so you can go back to living your lives again.

I'd much rather think about how damned hot it is in Sydney. Thinking about what's happening up north makes me far too uneasy.

So Queensland, bless you all. Us Southerners are standing by to help out any way we can. Just know that.

And weather, just back off! You're going too far!

Edit:
And here she comes folks...
Imagine, if you will, the size of it. That's Australia there in the picture. I don't like saying that I'm "thinking and praying" especially of people I don't even know but that's exactly what I'm doing right now. They're going to need all the help they can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say. Go on! You know you want to.

Featured Post

It's Day 6 of my Radical Self-Love project

We need a picture today. We really do. It's day 6 and I woke up just before the alarm clock after a night of extremely poor sleep. ...

Popular posts